- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Demining Brigade destroys over 1,000 explosive devices
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Ottawa Convention concludes in Chile
Santiago, Chile – The Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention's Fifteenth Meeting of the States Parties (15MSP) has concluded a week of work in Santiago, Chile, recording success in stockpile destruction with Poland announcing it had destroyed one million stockpiled landmines bringing to 158 the number of States that no longer hold stocks. With Poland's stockpile destruction, the States Parties have now destroyed more than 49 million landmines.
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 69/325.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2015
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia: (1) Iraq, (2) Iran, (3) Afghanistan, (4) Pakistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) Republic of Congo, (2) DR Congo, (3) Burundi, (4) Rwanda, (5) Uganda, (6) Kenya, (7) Sudan, (8) Eritrea, (9) Ethiopia, (10) Djibouti
C) West Africa: (1) Côte d'Ivoire, (2) Liberia, (3) Sierra Leone, (4) Guinea
D) Southern Africa: (1) Namibia, (2) Angola, (3) Zambia, (4) Tanzania, (5) Malawi, (6) Zimbabwe, (7) Mozambique, (8) Swaziland, (9) Lesotho, (10) Madagascar, (11) Comoros