Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
The Security Council continued to give special importance to the situation in Africa, Mikhail Wehbe (Syria), the current President of the Council, told correspondents today during a Headquarters press conference on the Council's programme of work for June.
Members of the Security Council today designated chairpersons of 10 committees set up by the Council to monitor sanctions against countries or groups around the world.
The hallmark of the Security Council's activities in April had been human security, Robert Fowler, Permanent Representative of Canada and President of the Security Council for that month, told journalists at a press conference at United Nations Headquarters today.
A legal framework was necessary to clarify ambiguity in terms of legal standards and norms in considering sanctions, the Foreign Minister of Canada and Security Council President, Lloyd Axworthy, told journalists at a Headquarters press conference this afternoon. George Lopez, Professor of Government at the University of Notre Dame, and David Cortright, President of the Fourth Freedom Forum, also spoke.
Host countries must be responsible for the security of humanitarian workers and must punish the perpetrators of crimes against humanitarian workers, the Executive Director of the World Food Programme (WFP), Catherine Bertini, told correspondents at a Headquarters press briefing this afternoon.
The Foreign Minister of Argentina, Adalberto Rodriguez Giavarini, addressed correspondents at a Headquarters press conference this afternoon. The Foreign Minister, who in his capacity as Security Council President, was presiding over today's Council meeting on protection of United Nations personnel, associated personnel and humanitarian personnel in conflict zones, was accompanied at the press conference by the Permanent Representative of Argentina to the United Nations, Arnoldo Manuel Listre.