Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Government releases USD 600 million to combat drought. 11 May 2019
- HALO: BP gives $1.2 million for mine clearance and women's empowerment in Angola. 4 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angolan president delivers goods to drought-hit Ombala Yo Mungo people. 6 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Measles outbreak in eastern region contained. 13 May 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report April 2019. 29 Apr 2019
This report covers the period 01 January 2011 to 30 June 2011.
To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Addressing Assembly via Cell Phone, Honduran President Zelaya Calls on United Nations to 'Restore Rule of Law and Freedom that Honduras Deserves'
Concerned that the United Nations outdated structure left it ill-equipped to deal with twenty-first century realities, Government Ministers addressing the General Assembly today pressed the world body to revamp its institutions, extend its alliances and break old mindsets that had hampered its credibility as the world's pre-eminent negotiating forum.
For Osman Mohammed Saleh, Eritrea's Minister for Foreign …
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia : (1) Iraq, (2) Iran, (3) Pakistan, (4) Afghanistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) Ethiopia, (3)Eritrea, (4) Djibouti, (5) Uganda, (6) Sudan, (7) Rwanda, (8) Tanzania (9) Democratic Republic of Congo
C) West Africa: (1) Liberia, (2) Côte d'Ivoire, (3) Sierra Leone
D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Mozambique, (5) Namibia, (6) Swaziland, (7) Tanzania, (8) Zimbabwe
E) Asia: (1) Democratic Republic of Korea
Mr Poul Nielson
European Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid