Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Balkans: On 13 May, cyclone Tamara hit the Balkans. Heavy rainfall resulted in extensive flooding in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia; 1.6 million, 1.5 million, and 38,000 people have been affected, respectively. In total, 81,879 people have been evacuated. Relief efforts are being hampered by landslides, damaged infrastructure, blocked roads, and blackouts.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia: (1) Iraq, (2) Afghanistan, (3) Pakistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) DR Congo, (2) Burundi, (3) Rwanda, (4) Uganda, (5) Sudan, (6) Eritrea, (6) Ethiopia, (7) Somalia
C) West Africa: (1) Guinea, (2) Sierra Leone, (3) Liberia, (4) Côte d'Ivoire
D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Namibia, (3) Angola, (4) Zambia, (5) Malawi, (6) Zimbabwe, (7) Mozambique, (8) Swaziland
E) Asia: (1) DPR Korea
F) Latin America and the Caribbean: (1) Guatemala, (2) Honduras, (3) Peru
This report includes:
(A) Middle East Region: (1) Iraq, (2) Palestinian Territories
(B) WFP and UNHCR joint appeal for Africa
(C) West Africa Region: (1) Côte d'Ivoire (2) Liberia (3) Guinea
(D) Southern Africa Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Mozambique, (3) Lesotho, (4) Malawi, (5) Swaziland, (6) Zambia, (7) Zimbabwe, (8) Angola, (9) Namibia
(E) Eastern and Central Africa Region: (1) Eritrea, (2) Sudan, (3) Burundi
(F) Asia Region: (1) DPR of Korea, (2) Indonesia
(G) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan