Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 40 cases of polio recorded in Angola. 18 Nov 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update As of 18 November, 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- UN RC Angola: United Nations supports voluntary repatriation of refugees to DR Congo. 14 Nov 2019
Global Overview JUNE 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Yemen: 14.4 million people are now food insecure: two million more than in June and four million more than before the escalation of conflict in March. 7.6 million people are severely food insecure. Heavy fighting continues, in particular in Al Dhalee and Taizz governorates. Peace talks between Houthi and government representatives, which were expected to begin mid-November, are yet to take place.