Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- World Vision: Number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- WHO: WHO supports Angola’s Government efforts to end polio outbreak. 2 Dec 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene Province gets heavy rain. 4 Dec 2019
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 4.9 percent to a record 2 232 million tonnes, considerably up from earlier predictions after better than expected results from the major harvests gathered in the past two months.
- Based on the latest production forecast, a significant improvement in the global supply and demand balance for cereals in the 2008/09 season can be expected.
Note: The map included a table showing the number of primary-aged children out of school. Map production date estimated.
Thirty-seven million children living in conflict-affected fragile states remain out of school, denied their right to education and the opportunity to lift themselves and their communities out of an endless cycle of poverty and conflict. With the capacity of their governments weakened, and education systems destroyed as the result of years of conflict and crisis, these children face a bleak future unless external support is forthcoming.