Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Jennifer Pagonis - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at the press briefing, on 10 December 2004, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Supplement No. 36 (A/59/36)
Secretary-General Says Two-Way Dialogue between UN, Civil Society Needed, Not So One Directs the Other, But to Ensure Complementary Efforts
4993rd Meeting (AM & PM)
Calling for a two-way dialogue between the United Nations and civil society, Secretary-General Kofi Annan told the Security Council today that the purpose was not so that one could direct the other, but to ensure that their respective efforts complemented each other.
GENEVA - The global number of refugees and others of concern to the U.N. refugee agency fell by 18 percent to 17.1 million in 2003, the lowest total in at least a decade, according to new annual statistics released Thursday by UNHCR.
4980th Meeting (AM)
In Debate on Complex Crises and UN Response, Council Considers Military, Security, Political, Economic, Social, Humanitarian Dimensions
Opening a debate today in the Security Council on complex crises and the United Nations response, the Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Jan Egeland, said that United Nations success would be determined by the number of people it assisted and protected through swift and decisive action.
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
Over 40 Speakers Share Views during Day-Long Debate
4903rd Meeting* (AM & PM)
Security Council members reaffirmed today the vital importance of the United Nations' role in post-conflict reconciliation, stressing the necessary close cooperation needed within the United Nations system and within the Council on that issue.