Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Health authorities step up surveillance against Ebola. 23 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- APOPO: Creating a safer future in Uíge. 23 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Shelter in Lóvua settlement. 23 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.