Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: MPLA parliamentary group assesses drought in Huíla. 4 Jul 2019
The GHO published on 4 December 2018 announced funding requirements of $21.9 billion for 21 Humanitarian Response Plans and the Venezuela Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan (RMRP). With the inclusion of the Zimbabwe Flash Appeal last month, funding requirements for UN-led appeals as at end February amounted to $22.42 billion.
Of 138.8 million people estimated to be in need of assistance, the humanitarian response plans envisage assisting 103.7 million.
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
Estimaciones globales sobre la inseguridad alimentaria aguda en 2017
• Alrededor de 124 millones de personas en 51 países se enfrentan a una situación de Crisis de inseguridad alimentaria o peor (equivalente o superior a la fase 3 del IPC/CH) y requieren una acción humanitaria urgente para salvar vidas, proteger los medios de vida y reducir los niveles de hambre y desnutrición aguda.
Estimations mondiales de l’insécurité alimentaire aiguë en 2017
• Environ 124 millions de personnes vivant dans 51 pays sont en situation d’insécurité alimentaire de Crise ou pire (Phase 3 ou pire de l’IPC ou du CH ou équivalent) et requièrent une action humanitaire urgente afin de sauver des vies, protéger les moyens d’existence et réduire les déficits de consommation alimentaire et la malnutrition aiguë.
Acute food insecurity global estimates in 2017
• Around 124 million people in 51 countries face Crisis food insecurity or worse (equivalent of IPC/CH Phase 3 or above). They require urgent humanitarian action to save lives, protect livelihoods, and reduce hunger and malnutrition.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
Summary of crises with major changes since beginning of 2008
Produced on behalf of FAO, ICAO, ILO, IOM, OCHA, OIE, UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNWTO, WFP and WHO by UN System Influenza Coordinator (UNSIC)
The changing context for Avian Influenza response and Pandemic Preparedness
Two years ago we were working in a climate of widespread international concern about a potential pandemic, including unprecedented media coverage and political engagement.
Produced on behalf of FAO, ICAO, ILO, IOM, OCHA, OIE, UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNWTO, WFP and WHO by UN System Influenza Coordinator (UNSIC), UN Development Group
In July 2006, the UN Secretary General prefaced the first issue of the UN Consolidated Action Plan for Avian and Human Influenza (AHI) with reference to our collective responsibility for ensuring that all countries -- rich and poor -- are adequately protected and prepared.
(New York: 3 June 2003): At mid-year, the Consolidated Appeals for countries in crisis have received 1.8 billion of the $5.34 billion---or one-third---of the funds required to carry-out life-sustaining operations in countries in crisis. However, this average masks serious disparities in response. Humanitarian activities in high profile emergencies such as Iraq and Afghanistan have received strong funding, as have appeals for the Great Lakes Region (56%), North Korea (47%,) Chechnya and Neighboring Republics (44%), and Tajikistan (46%).