Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, August 2019. 18 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
This document supplements the ICRC's Headquarters Appeal 2003and contains:
- an overview of the ICRC's operations in 2003
- a description of its presence in the field
- a breakdown of its operational organization
- a description of its target populations
- a concise description of its programmes
- a brief description of its 63 delegations
- overall budget amounts
- overall budget and budgets by programme for each delegation
A Global Overview of Internal Displacement
Some 25 million people are now internally displaced due to conflicts that have spread since the Cold War, according to a major new survey published this week. Internally displaced people (IDPs) are a huge humanitarian problem; outnumbering conventional refugees by two-to-one and nearly always receiving less protection, says the four-year survey by the Global IDP Project.
Letter dated 12 June 2002 from the Permanent Representative of Norway to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council
Please find enclosed the assessment of the work of the Security Council during the Norwegian presidency in March 2002 (see annex).
I would be grateful if you could arrange to have this letter and the attached assessment circulated as a document of the Security Council.
(Signed) Ole Peter Kolby
The Security Council continued to give special importance to the situation in Africa, Mikhail Wehbe (Syria), the current President of the Council, told correspondents today during a Headquarters press conference on the Council's programme of work for June.
Security Council - 2001 Round-Up
Adopts Comprehensive Anti-Terrorism Strategy; Sends West Africa, Great Lakes Missions; Monitors Kosovo, East Timor Progress