Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
In Syria, the regime’s offensive on Homs governorate and city is on-going with artillery and air strikes, displacing 400,000 and leaving an estimated 2,500 and 4,000 civilians trapped in and around the city. Some 2 million people in Government-controlled areas in Aleppo are affected by a siege of opposition forces that is blocking food and medicines from entering several areas. While the UN and the Red Cross have called for a truce during the month of Ramadan, the cease-fire was rejected by the Government.
In Syria, the regime’s offensive on Homs governorate and city is on-going with artillery and air strikes being reported. An estimated, 2,500 and 4,000 civilians are allegedly trapped in and around the city. Meanwhile, the number of Syrian refugees in neighboring countries continues to increase and is now approaching 1.75 million people according to UNHCR.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.