- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Angola: Rain kills four in Luanda
- Demining Brigade destroys over 1,000 explosive devices
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
Vienna, Geneva - The Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention's Sixteenth Meeting of the States Parties (16MSP) has concluded in Vienna, Austria, recording success in stockpile destruction with Belarus announcing it had destroyed over three million stockpiled landmines bringing to 159 the number of States that no longer have destruction obligations under the Convention. With Belarus' stockpile destruction, the States Parties have now destroyed more than 51 million landmines.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Despite a four-day truce which was supposed to come into effect on Friday 26 October, fighting has continued to escalate in Damascus province, Aleppo, Idlib, Daara and Deir Ezzor in Syria manifested by a new wave of airstrikes by the Syrian forces and attacks by the rebels on strategic army checkpoints and air bases.
Point 71 a) de la liste préliminaire*
Renforcement de la coordination de l'aide
humanitaire et des secours en cas de catastrophe
fournis par les organismes des Nations Unies,
y compris l'assistance économique spéciale :
renforcement de la coordination de l'aide humanitaire
d'urgence fournie par les organismes des Nations Unies
Conseil économique et social
Session de fond de 2009
Genève, 6-31 juillet 2009
Point 5 de l'ordre du jour provisoire**
Sixty-fourth session Item 71 (a) of the preliminary list*
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the United Nations
Economic and Social Council
Substantive session of 2009
Geneva, 6-31 July 2009
Item 5 of the provisional agenda**
This document outlines the global operational priorities identified by the ICRC in 2006. It is based on the yearly internal review and planning process conducted primarily by the 80 field delegations and missions.