- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (14 February 2019). 21 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 March 2019. 21 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: International Women's Day: "Keep moving forward and fight". Joy and colour as females refugees are celebrated on international women's day in Lovua settlement. 21 Mar 2019
- ECHO: Angola – Floods (INAMET, GOVAO, Floodlist, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 March 2019). 22 Mar 2019
- UN Human Rights Committee: Human Rights Committee considers the report of Angola. 9 Mar 2019
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Vienna, Geneva - The Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention's Sixteenth Meeting of the States Parties (16MSP) has concluded in Vienna, Austria, recording success in stockpile destruction with Belarus announcing it had destroyed over three million stockpiled landmines bringing to 159 the number of States that no longer have destruction obligations under the Convention. With Belarus' stockpile destruction, the States Parties have now destroyed more than 51 million landmines.
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
CrisisWatch is a monthly early warning bulletin designed to provide a regular update on the state of the most significant situations of conflict around the world.
Global Overview, August 2016
This annual report describes bilateral development cooperation between Norway and 30 of the countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East that received the most assistance in 2007. Norwegian development assistance totalled NOK 21.8 billion in 2007. Of this amount, bilateral assistance (including multi-bilateral assistance) accounted for NOK 15.7 billion.
GENEVA -- The UN refugee agency said on Friday that it was seeking over $1 billion to fund its refugee assistance and protection work next year to care for more than 20.5 million refugees and other people worldwide. This includes $955 million for its annual budget and over $57 million for supplementary programs for the Liberian crisis and Sudanese refugees.
Mr Poul Nielson
European Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid
Liz O'Donnell T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs (with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance and Human Rights), has announced an unprecedented package of humanitarian and rehabilitation assistance to benefit 21 of the world's poorest and crisis-stricken countries.
FAO's June Food Outlook report signals a one percent increase in cereal output in 2000, compared to the previous year. However, according to current forecasts, total cereal production will not be enough to cover utilization requirements in 2000/2001 and global cereal reserves will have to be drawn down. If current forecasts materialize, global stocks could fall slightly below minimum safe levels.