- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Catumbela: Vice president encourages flood victims. 20 Mar 2019
- UN Human Rights Committee: Human Rights Committee considers the report of Angola. 9 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (14 February 2019). 21 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 March 2019. 21 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: International Women's Day: "Keep moving forward and fight". Joey and colour as females refugees are celebrated on international women's day in Lovua settlement. 21 Mar 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
Foreword: A year of challenges
It is my pleasure to present to you the 2008 Annual Report for the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
For the millions of people affected by natural disasters and conflict worldwide, 2008 was a year of enormous challenges. More than 211 million people were affected by natural disasters, with more than 238,000 killed and US$200 billion in damages, making 2008 one of the most devastating years in terms of human and material losses.