Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: MPLA parliamentary group assesses drought in Huíla. 4 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 08 July 2019. 12 Jul 2019
DTM flow monitoring data compiled from national authorities and IOM offices show that the number of arrivals through Mediterranean routes between January and March 2018 is half the number of arrivals in the same period in 2017. In the first quarter of 2018 a total of 1,956 migrants and asylum seekers arrived in Europe using different land and sea routes, in comparison to 34,531 registered in the first quarter of 2017. As previously reported, the decrease is mainly due to the drop in arrivals in Italy.
12,736 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE IN 2018 10,566 ARRIVALS BY SEA IN 2018 2,170 ARRIVALS BY LAND IN 2017 20,200 ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY THE END OF FEBRUARY 2017
GENEVA, Jan 19 2018 (IOM) - IOM, the UN Migration Agency, is appealing for nearly USD 1.4 billion to address the needs of over 80 million people in 50 countries in 2018. These vital funds will support people displaced within the borders of their own countries, migrants, refugees and the communities that host them, people returning to their areas of origin and people experiencing or recovering from conflict and natural disasters.