Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Japan spends USD 200,000 on mine clearance in Uíge. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Health sector steps up epidemiological prevention in Huíla. 7 Jun 2019
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
AFRICA: In eastern Africa, the food situation in Eritrea is of serious concern. Successive years of inadequate rains have seriously undermined crop and livestock production. A below average harvest is also estimated for Sudan due to conflict and drought. By contrast, the food situation in Ethiopia has improved as a result of a good harvest. Kenya's poor second season maize crop will exacerbate food shortages in parts, while Somalia's good secondary "deyr" harvest will improve food supplies in main agricultural areas.
(a) Humanitarian operations in the region affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami on 26 December, 2004, have entered the recovery and reconstruction phase as WFP continues to assist more than 1.345 million people across the region.
(b) With bottlenecks hampering the distribution of aid and causing unrest, Sri Lanka's President has ordered administrators to deliver entitlements to at least 70 per cent of people affected by the tsunami by February 7.