Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Ministers assess situation of Congolese refugees. 19 Aug 2019
- US DOS: Angola’s Path Forward for Security and Economic Development: Weapons Management and Humanitarian Demining. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Polio vaccination reaches over 500,000 children - Official. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: At least 108 thousand kilometres of roads cleared of landmines. 17 Aug 2019
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
CrisisWatch is a monthly early warning bulletin designed to provide a regular update on the state of the most significant situations of conflict around the world.
Global Overview, August 2016
IN FOCUS & FOOD INSECURITY HOTSPOTS
Drought has left 23 million requiring food assistance in Southern Africa.
An outbreak of fighting in South Sudan has caused new displacements and food price increases in the capital Juba. The South Sudan IPC update for April 2016 estimated that 4.8 million people (40 percent of the population) would face severe food insecurity in the May–July 2016 lean season.
Global Overview – Trends and Outlook
The month saw Venezuela’s political, economic and humanitarian crisis worsen amid heightened tensions between the government and opposition, a situation which could lead to state collapse and regional destabilisation. Another major setback in electing a new president in Haiti prompted fears of further civil unrest. In West Africa, deadly violence in central Mali and south-east Nigeria spiked, while a power struggle in Guinea-Bissau led to a dangerous standoff.
The month saw fighting escalate again in Syria and Afghanistan, and erupt in Nagorno-Karabakh between Armenian-backed separatists and Azerbaijani forces. In Bangladesh, election violence and killings by extremist groups showed how new heights of government-opposition rivalry and state repression have benefitted violent political party wings and extremist groups alike. Political tensions intensified in Iraq and Macedonia, and security forces severely supressed opposition protests in the Republic of Congo and Gambia.