Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: EU releases EURO 12 million for Resilience Programmes. 20 Jun 2019
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: UNICEF grants AKZ 460 million to combat drought. 21 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
This document outlines the global operational priorities identified by the ICRC in 2006. It is based on the yearly internal review and planning process conducted primarily by the 80 field delegations and missions.
AFRICA: In eastern Africa, despite improved outlook for current season crops in several countries, more than 18 million people are in need of food assistance. In western Africa, notwithstanding improved harvest prospects generally in the Sahel, the food security situation is still of concern notably in Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso. In Southern Africa, food insecurity is worsening for an estimated 12 million people due to reduced harvests in 2005, escalating food prices and rising energy costs.
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan (2) Iraq
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo (3) Congo, DR (4) Djibouti (5) Ethiopia (6) Rwanda (7) Sudan (8) Tanzania (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Regional (2) Burkina Faso (3) Chad (4) Cote d'Ivoire (5) Ghana (6) Guinea (7) Liberia (8) Mali