Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- VOA: Drought Leaves 2 Million Food Insecure in Angola. 24 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 20 May 2019. 24 May 2019
- HALO: Thanks to BP Angola our 100 Women in Demining project is growing. 21 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Government releases USD 600 million to combat drought. 11 May 2019
- HALO: BP gives $1.2 million for mine clearance and women's empowerment in Angola. 4 May 2019
Vienna, Geneva - The Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention's Sixteenth Meeting of the States Parties (16MSP) has concluded in Vienna, Austria, recording success in stockpile destruction with Belarus announcing it had destroyed over three million stockpiled landmines bringing to 159 the number of States that no longer have destruction obligations under the Convention. With Belarus' stockpile destruction, the States Parties have now destroyed more than 51 million landmines.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
13 November 2017: Save the Children announced that it had fired 16 staff over reports of sexual violence in the past year. Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
Ottawa Convention concludes in Chile
Santiago, Chile – The Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention's Fifteenth Meeting of the States Parties (15MSP) has concluded a week of work in Santiago, Chile, recording success in stockpile destruction with Poland announcing it had destroyed one million stockpiled landmines bringing to 158 the number of States that no longer hold stocks. With Poland's stockpile destruction, the States Parties have now destroyed more than 49 million landmines.