Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Japan spends USD 200,000 on mine clearance in Uíge. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Health sector steps up epidemiological prevention in Huíla. 7 Jun 2019
High food prices persist in developing countries despite an improved global cereal supply situation and sharp decline in international prices. This is affecting access to food of large numbers of low-income vulnerable populations.
A recent analysis of domestic food prices for 58 developing countries shows that latest prices are higher than a year earlier in 78 percent of the cases, and in 43 percent of the cases are higher than 3 months earlier. Mostly affected are sub-Saharan African countries.