Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
High food prices persist in developing countries despite an improved global cereal supply situation and sharp decline in international prices. This is affecting access to food of large numbers of low-income vulnerable populations.
A recent analysis of domestic food prices for 58 developing countries shows that latest prices are higher than a year earlier in 78 percent of the cases, and in 43 percent of the cases are higher than 3 months earlier. Mostly affected are sub-Saharan African countries.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
This week 's report covers the following sectors/countries:
Sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
B-Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: Afghanistan, Georgia, Iraq, Kyrghizstan, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Russian Federation (Caucasus)
C-East & Central Africa: Burundi, Congo, DR, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
D-West Africa: Benin, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, …
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan (2) Iraq
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo (3) Congo, DR (4) Djibouti (5) Ethiopia (6) Rwanda (7) Sudan (8) Tanzania (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Regional (2) Burkina Faso (3) Chad (4) Cote d'Ivoire (5) Ghana (6) Guinea (7) Liberia (8) Mali