Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- APOPO: Creating a safer future in Uíge. 23 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
In 2016, the World Bank Group stepped up its engagement in situations of conflictinduced forced displacement at the global and country levels and adopted a new approach to its engagement that recognizes displacement as a development challenge that must be addressed to attain the World Bank Group’s twin goals.
Since fiscal year 2016, the Bank Group’s analytical, financial, and operational support has become more aligned with its stated development approach building on lessons from past engagements. This is an important shift.
The ICRC worldwide 2000 Geneva (ICRC) - The increasing number of armed conflicts throughout the world, the unprecedented scale of the challenges facing humanitarian endeavour, the need to stay close to the victims, the imperative of staff safety - these are the major themes that were addressed today by Jean-Daniel Tauxe, Director of Operations of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), when he presented the organization's 2000 Annual Report in Nairobi. It was the first time in ICRC history that the report had been launched outside Switzerland.