Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- US DOS: Angola’s Path Forward for Security and Economic Development: Weapons Management and Humanitarian Demining. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Polio vaccination reaches over 500,000 children - Official. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Government dissuades Congolese refugees from walking out. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: At least 108 thousand kilometres of roads cleared of landmines. 17 Aug 2019
Press Release 99/70 C/5
Rome, November 15, 1999 -- While increasing numbers of people face food emergencies, the causes are changing, suggest two UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) reports released today. "For the first time, human induced disasters such as civil strife and economic crises have more effect on food shortages than nature-induced crises," said Dr. Hartwig de Haen, Assistant Director General of FAO.
Information available as of 15 August 1999 was used in preparing this report.