- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report January - December 2018
The global cereal supply and demand situation has further tightened, with a downward revision of the 2006 world cereal production forecast and a projected increase in cereal utilization in 2006/07. At current forecast levels, the utilization would exceed production by 3.3 percent in 2006/07.
- The FAO's latest assessment shows that 40 countries are facing food emergencies and require external assistance. Among them, the most pressing humanitarian problem remains the crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan. The already precarious food supply situation may worsen if deteriorating security disrupts the main harvest due to start in the coming few weeks.
- Prospects for the 2006 world cereal harvest have deteriorated further since July.
Food emergencies continue to plague many countries