Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Nwanze to present ‘Diaspora Investment in Agriculture’ at Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Global Diaspora Forum
Rome and Washington, May 16: The United States Department of State and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) will unveil this week in Washington, DC a new joint initiative to assist the flow of investment from international migrants to reduce rural poverty and boost food security in their home countries.
Release number IFAD/52/07
Rome, 14 December 2007 - IFAD's Executive Board approved more than US$236 million in loans and US$20 million in grants for projects and programmes that will help poor rural people in developing overcome poverty.
The 92nd session of the Board was held from 11 to 13 December at IFAD headquarters in Rome.
The Board also approved US$6.24 million in grants to support agricultural research and development activities in rural regions of poor countries.
Western and Central Africa to receive US$76.09 million in loans and US$1.2 million in grants