Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: MPLA parliamentary group assesses drought in Huíla. 4 Jul 2019
Mr. President, Members of the Council,
The global cereal supply and demand situation has further tightened, with a downward revision of the 2006 world cereal production forecast and a projected increase in cereal utilization in 2006/07. At current forecast levels, the utilization would exceed production by 3.3 percent in 2006/07.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
Produced on behalf of FAO, ICAO, ILO, IOM, OCHA, OIE, UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNWTO, WFP and WHO by UN System Influenza Coordinator (UNSIC), UN Development Group
In July 2006, the UN Secretary General prefaced the first issue of the UN Consolidated Action Plan for Avian and Human Influenza (AHI) with reference to our collective responsibility for ensuring that all countries -- rich and poor -- are adequately protected and prepared.
The tenth edition of the Portfolio of Mine Action Projects reflects the mine-action community's commitment to work together to achieve its shared goal of eliminating landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW).
Each of the submissions is the result of field-based, coordinated and consultative processes among national authorities, nongovernmental organizations, and the United Nations.
- The FAO's latest assessment shows that 40 countries are facing food emergencies and require external assistance. Among them, the most pressing humanitarian problem remains the crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan. The already precarious food supply situation may worsen if deteriorating security disrupts the main harvest due to start in the coming few weeks.
- Prospects for the 2006 world cereal harvest have deteriorated further since July.
Introduction by the High Commissioner
Food emergencies continue to plague many countries
Agenda item 12
GENEVA, 9 June (UNHCR) – While the number of refugees worldwide has reached a 26-year low, UNHCR's annual global count of uprooted people rose last year to nearly 21 million, according to a report released on Friday. The "2005 Global Refugee Trends" survey attributed the rise to the refugee agency's expanding role in caring for the world's internally displaced people (IDPs).