Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
"MAG is about to enter its 21st year as an organisation and I am very proud to have been a part of what has been achieved over those years.
MAG initially became involved in the destruction of small arms light weapons (SALW) informally during the 1990s. This was through provision of technical support to UN-run DDR (disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration) programmes in Angola and Cambodia, with regard to assessment of the safety of weapons and ammunition handed in and implementing their destruction.
In 2001, large abandoned stockpiles of ammunition in southern Sudan, close to the borders of Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), came to MAG's attention whilst conducting mine clearance activities in …
Unexploded remnants of conflict: Turning deadly legacies into safe futures
The legacy of conflict hinders the development of a country after peace has been declared and the guns have fallen silent. It has severe human and social consequences that affect both opportunities and productivity.