Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
A synchronised regional mass polio vaccination campaign in central and western Africa is currently underway to vaccinate nearly 94 million children in 18 countries with oral polio vaccine (OPV).
On 18 September, Nepal became the first GAVI eligible country to introduce inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) into its routine immunization programme. Plans are underway to introduce IPV into the immunization programmes of the 126 countries currently using only oral polio vaccine, ahead of a planned switch from trivalent OPV to bivalent OPV.
Libya: Concern is growing for the increasing number of people affected by crisis since mid-July, as violence persists, rival governments are failing to assure basic services, and most humanitarian organisations have withdrawn.