Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Japan spends USD 200,000 on mine clearance in Uíge. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Health sector steps up epidemiological prevention in Huíla. 7 Jun 2019
New Global Report Finds Child Soldiers In Over 20 Conflicts Worldwide
LONDON - Governments are undermining progress in ending the use of children as soldiers, said a coalition of the world's leading human rights and humanitarian organizations in a newly published report.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released the most comprehensive global survey of child soldiers to date.
New York City - The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released a 195-page report listing those governments and groups that use and recruit child soldiers, in advance of an upcoming United Nations Security Council debate on children and armed conflict.
"This report is a 'list of shame' for the armed groups and governments using boys and girls in their conflicts in defiance of international standards," said Casey Kelso, Coalition Coordinator.
Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers - EMBARGOED FOR TRANSMISSION UNTIL 1400 HRS GMT 12 JUNE 2001