Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: EU releases EURO 12 million for Resilience Programmes. 20 Jun 2019
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: UNICEF grants AKZ 460 million to combat drought. 21 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
New Global Report Finds Child Soldiers In Over 20 Conflicts Worldwide
LONDON - Governments are undermining progress in ending the use of children as soldiers, said a coalition of the world's leading human rights and humanitarian organizations in a newly published report.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released the most comprehensive global survey of child soldiers to date.
New York City - The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released a 195-page report listing those governments and groups that use and recruit child soldiers, in advance of an upcoming United Nations Security Council debate on children and armed conflict.
"This report is a 'list of shame' for the armed groups and governments using boys and girls in their conflicts in defiance of international standards," said Casey Kelso, Coalition Coordinator.
Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers - EMBARGOED FOR TRANSMISSION UNTIL 1400 HRS GMT 12 JUNE 2001