Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Health authorities step up surveillance against Ebola. 23 Jul 2019
- APOPO: Creating a safer future in Uíge. 23 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
Unmet Needs Put Refugees at Risk
New York City - The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released a 195-page report listing those governments and groups that use and recruit child soldiers, in advance of an upcoming United Nations Security Council debate on children and armed conflict.
"This report is a 'list of shame' for the armed groups and governments using boys and girls in their conflicts in defiance of international standards," said Casey Kelso, Coalition Coordinator.
The international humanitarian aid system is facing unprecedented stress. Poor weather and the legacy of conflict are threatening tens of millions of people, primarily in Africa and Central Asia. The situation is so grave that Andrew Natsios, Administrator of the U.S.
A Global Overview of Internal Displacement
Some 25 million people are now internally displaced due to conflicts that have spread since the Cold War, according to a major new survey published this week. Internally displaced people (IDPs) are a huge humanitarian problem; outnumbering conventional refugees by two-to-one and nearly always receiving less protection, says the four-year survey by the Global IDP Project.
A) Worldwide General Statistics