Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Angola supports Congolese refugees. 21 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Ministers assess situation of Congolese refugees. 19 Aug 2019
- US DOS: Angola’s Path Forward for Security and Economic Development: Weapons Management and Humanitarian Demining. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Polio vaccination reaches over 500,000 children - Official. 19 Aug 2019
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ) in Geneva, in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices. If you are a WHO staff member and wish to contribute to this update, please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
This report includes:
(A) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Azerbaijan, (3) Iraq, (4) Pakistan
(B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) Djibouti, (3) DR Congo, (4) Eritrea, (5) Rwanda (6) Sudan, (7) Tanzania, (8) Uganda
(C) West Africa: (1) Liberia, (2) Cote d'Ivoire
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Madagascar, (4) Malawi, (5) Mozambique, (6) Namibia, (7) Swaziland, (8) Zimbabwe
(E) Asia: (1) DPR Korea, (2) Myanmar, (3) Nepal