Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
Press Release - SC/6759
Security Council Told Key is Effective Deterrent Action; As Debate Begins, 23 Nations Also Present Views on United Nations Role
The international community needed to move "from a culture of reaction to a culture of prevention", Secretary-General Kofi Annan said this afternoon in an open Security Council debate on the prevention of armed conflict.
Press Release 99/70 C/5
Rome, November 15, 1999 -- While increasing numbers of people face food emergencies, the causes are changing, suggest two UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) reports released today. "For the first time, human induced disasters such as civil strife and economic crises have more effect on food shortages than nature-induced crises," said Dr. Hartwig de Haen, Assistant Director General of FAO.
The Secretary-General's report to the Security Council on Libya's compliance with the provisions of relevant Council resolutions, presented three months after the suspension of sanctions, had led to only one conclusion -- that Libya had fulfilled all its obligations under the Council resolutions, the Permanent Representative of Libya told the General Assembly this afternoon as it continued it general debate.
Press Release SC/6728 - 19990916
The United Nations must be ready to take action to protect civilians and to respond with more than speeches and reports, Secretary-General Kofi Annan said this morning as he opened a Security Council debate on the protection of civilians in armed conflict.
Major Increase in Funding Said to be Ultimate Solution for Enhancing Humanitarian Assistance
Remarks by Mrs Sadako Ogata, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees at the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia "Addressing Humanitarian Crises Through Global Solidarity: Is It Possible? Is It Effective?" Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 17 May 1999
Joint communication to the press: ICRC No. 99/10 - Federation No. 99/05
Minh T. Vo, Special to The Christian Science Monitor
UNITED NATIONS, N.Y.