Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
By Peter Apps
COLOMBO, April 7 (Reuters) - Rich countries that respond overwhelmingly to high-profile disasters such as the 2004 tsunami should do much more to help victims of lower-profile conflicts, a senior United Nations official said.
"The moral imperative is clear -- you have to build them a better life," said Dennis McNamara, head of the U.N.'s Office for Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) internal displacement division.
"But there's also a political imperative. You cannot build on the peace process without a stable population base. You …