Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: EU releases EURO 12 million for Resilience Programmes. 20 Jun 2019
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: UNICEF grants AKZ 460 million to combat drought. 21 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
Next week, Mozambique, formerly one of the world’s most heavily mined countries, will formally declare it has completed mine clearance on its territory, the 29th country to do so since the 1990s. This leaves 60 countries and territories still contaminated according to Clearing the Mines, a review of mine action programmes around the world published today by Norwegian People’s Aid. The report’s authors have calculated that by 2020 another 20 countries should have completed mine clearance and the urgent humanitarian threat removed from the other 40.