Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 15 July 2019. 19 Jul 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
GENEVA -- The UN refugee agency said on Friday that it was seeking over $1 billion to fund its refugee assistance and protection work next year to care for more than 20.5 million refugees and other people worldwide. This includes $955 million for its annual budget and over $57 million for supplementary programs for the Liberian crisis and Sudanese refugees.
Mr Poul Nielson
European Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid
This paper is based on the coordinated views of analysts and experts from agencies across the federal government. It was produced by the National Intelligence Council under the auspices of David F. Gordon, National Intelligence Officer for Economics and Global Issues.Queries should be addressed to Dr. Gordon at the National Intelligence Council.
Information available as of 15 August 2001 was used in preparing this report.