Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR: Angola - Factsheet April 2019. 19 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Government releases USD 600 million to combat drought. 11 May 2019
- HALO: BP gives $1.2 million for mine clearance and women's empowerment in Angola. 4 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angolan president delivers goods to drought-hit Ombala Yo Mungo people. 6 May 2019
- Govt. Angola: Measles outbreak in eastern region contained. 13 May 2019
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
Note: Map production date estimated.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
(a) Humanitarian operations in the region affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami on 26 December, 2004, have entered the recovery and reconstruction phase as WFP continues to assist more than 1.345 million people across the region.
(b) With bottlenecks hampering the distribution of aid and causing unrest, Sri Lanka's President has ordered administrators to deliver entitlements to at least 70 per cent of people affected by the tsunami by February 7.