Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
Geneva – The International Organization for Migration (IOM) reports that 10,308 migrants and refugees have entered Europe by sea through 13 March, a 16 per cent decrease from the 12,318 arriving during the same period last year. Deaths on the three main Mediterranean Sea routes through just over ten weeks of the new year are at 234 individuals – or about half the 466 deaths that occurred during the same period in 2018. (see chart below)
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
13 November 2017: Save the Children announced that it had fired 16 staff over reports of sexual violence in the past year. Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation