Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July 2019. 7 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 29 July 2019. 8 Aug 2019
- UNHCR: Government & UNHCR cooperation on health to affected populations: Case of Lunda Norte, Angola. 8 Aug 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
The Landmine Update is the International Campaign to Ban Landmines quarterly newsletter. This edition is followed by a calendar of upcoming events (available online). To date, 130 countries have ratified the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty, and an additional 16 have signed it. The most recent accessions are Afghanistan (11 September), Comoros (19 September) and Central African Republic (8 November), while recent ratifications include Cameroon (19 September) and Gambia (23 September).
GENEVA -- The number of refugees of concern to UNHCR worldwide remained virtually unchanged at 12 million in 2001, with half a million people fleeing their countries during the year and nearly as many going home.