Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
This annual report describes bilateral development cooperation between Norway and 30 of the countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East that received the most assistance in 2007. Norwegian development assistance totalled NOK 21.8 billion in 2007. Of this amount, bilateral assistance (including multi-bilateral assistance) accounted for NOK 15.7 billion.
"The ceasefire agreement that last week put an end to 30 years of civil war in Angola is the first step on the way to democracy, development and justice. I now call upon the government to continue its efforts for demobilization and national reconciliation," said Foreign Minister Jan Petersen.
The historic ceasefire agreement concluded on 4 April put a formal end to the civil war that has raged ever since Angola became independent of Portugal in 1975.