Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
Baltimore, September 27, 2000 -- Lutheran World Relief is seeking citizen support for two specific changes in U.S. foreign policy - banning landmines and blocking diamonds that have been sold to finance wars. Interested parties are being urged to contact Congress and the President. LWR's website currently provides background information and action steps on both issues.
New York, June 3, 1997 --
In eastern Angola a province isolated by war is
expecting its first rice harvest in five years. Farmers in five communities of
Moxico province have planted half a ton of rice seeds from the Lutheran World
Federation. A harvest of 14 tons is expected.
For each pound of seed received, after harvest the farmers agree to return two
pounds of seed to LWF for planting by other farmers. The seed program has
brought LWF into contact with needy populations in areas still controlled by the