Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
Luanda and Geneva 30 April 2014 – Angola, one of the world’s most heavily mine-affected countries, is carrying out a national workshop sponsored by the European Union, to discuss the development of a national demining plan, identifying challenges and recommending solutions to these challenges.
It is doing so in order to comply with its 2018 deadline under the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention, or Ottawa Convention.