Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
Luanda - The two Angolan helicopters, that arrived in Beira, Mozambique, on Tuesday to support the work of the humanitarian mission, will be used to transport food, medicine and other equipment.
Speaking to the press, the head of the Angolan humanitarian aid mission to the victims of Cyclone Idai, Sabino Dunguionga, said that the decision to use these air resources resulted from a meeting between local authorities and international partners in Beira.
The two aircraft have the capacity to carry up to 2,650 kilograms of weight.