Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
The AU Heads of State and Government adopted the Abuja Declarations and Plans of Action in 2000 and 2001, committing themselves to intensifying the fight against HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other infectious diseases (ORID). At their Abuja Special Summit of May 2006, they reaffirmed these pledges and committed themselves to scaling up action towards universal access to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria services BY 2010. As was requested, the AU Commission, in collaboration with WHO and UNAIDS, prepared the 2-year Progress Report on the status of implementation in 2008.
- The Global Polio Eradication Initiative
(GPEI) is the largest, internationally-coordinated public health effort
in history. Since 1988 when the GPEI was launched, the GPEI has reduced
the global incidence of polio by more than 99%. As a result, indigenous
poliovirus has been eliminated from all countries except four countries:
India, Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Polio is on the verge of eradication.
However, many countries continue to experience re-infections that result
in polio outbreaks.
Meeting of the Committee of Experts of the 2nd Joint Annual Meetings of the AU Conference of Ministers of Economy and Finance and ECA Conference of Ministers of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
EXPERTS' MEETING ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE AU AND THE REGIONAL MECHANISMS FOR CONFLICT PREVENTION, MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION ADDIS ABABA, 22 - 23 MARCH 2005
SOLEMN LAUNCHING OF THE PEACE AND SECURITY
9TH MEETING, 25 MAY 2004,
ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA