Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
UNESCO calls for strengthened sexuality education and sexual and reproductive health services for young people in Eastern and Southern Africa
A UNESCO report and United Nations-led campaign were launched today urging ministers from Eastern and Southern Africa to respond to continuing high levels of HIV infection, unintended pregnancy and low HIV prevention knowledge impacting on the region’s 158m adolescents and young people.
Following the successful launch of the Eastern and Southern Africa Commitment on HIV Prevention and Sexual Health for Young People in November 2011 by Dirk Niebel, Germany's Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), UNAIDS and UNESCO have now established a High-Level Group of policymakers and experts to steer this initiative.