Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 00:01 GMT
By Alister Doyle
OSLO, Oct 9 (Reuters) - Wheat production in sub-Saharan Africa is at only 10 to 25 percent of its potential and nations can easily grow more to limit hunger, price shocks and political instability, a study showed on Tuesday.
Read the full article on AlertNet
27 Sep 2011 09:00 Source: Reuters // Reuters
By Kate Kelland
LONDON, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The GAVI international immunisations group said on Tuesday it had agreed more than 50 new deals to fund potentially life-saving vaccines for children in 37 developing countries.
By Matthew Tostevin
MONROVIA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - A study in West Africa has revealed the widespread sexual exploitation of refugee children by aid workers and peacekeepers in exchange for supplies sent to save lives.
The scandal, details of which emerged on Tuesday, is the latest in a series involving sex and corruption to taint aid and peacekeeping operations on the world's poorest continent.
Below are some scandals in recent years:
February - United Nations says investigation reveals that some peacekeeping troops in Mozambique paid for sex with children.
February - Angola …
ROME (Reuters) - Serious food supply difficulties are emerging in parts of east Africa, mainly due to unfavorable weather, civil conflicts and pests, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization said in a report released Wednesday.