Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 44 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
Dengue fever in Senegal
Dengue fever in Burkina Faso
Plague in Madagascar
Marburg virus disease in Uganda
Yellow fever in Nigeria
Humanitarian Crisis in Central African Republic
Another week of poorly distributed rains across the Greater Horn has led to strengthening deficits in southern Somalia.
In southern Africa, a delayed start of monsoonal rains observed in parts of Angola and South Africa.
1) As the rainfall season ends across Senegal and harvesting begins, impacts from poorly distributed rains during the summer months and a delayed onset to the rainfall season in July which resulted in deteriorated conditions could impact crop yields.
By Jennifer Harter, Communications Associate
It was a gathering of the most powerful organizations in the global fight against malaria in one of the most powerful places in the world.
And Christian Children's Fund (CCF) was among those invited to the White House on Wednesday for Malaria Awareness Day.
The Vice President for Global Programs at CCF, Michelle Poulton visited the White House on the organization's behalf for a key event in President Bush's efforts to fight malaria.
Poulton attended the luncheon in the White House Rose Garden for Malaria Awareness Day in …