Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Hepatitis outbreak tops 1 600 confirmed cases. 21 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- MAG: MAG co-hosts meeting looking at how to achieve the Landmine Free 2025 promise for Angola. 21 Nov 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 40 cases of polio recorded in Angola. 18 Nov 2019
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Office of the Spokesman
For Immediate Release
The United States is contributing $26 million more this fiscal year to help fund the programs of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, State Department Deputy Spokesman Philip Reeker announced April 11. This will bring total U.S. contributions to UNHCR this year to $172.5 million.
Liz O'Donnell T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs (with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance and Human Rights), has announced an unprecedented package of humanitarian and rehabilitation assistance to benefit 21 of the world's poorest and crisis-stricken countries.