Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
Considerable flooding continues across East and West Africa
Heavy rainfall was reported in northern Ghana and bordering areas of Burkina Faso.
The Logone River in northern Cameroon has flooded and continued rain expected next week is likely to maintain high water levels.
Northern South Sudan has reported flooding from high river levels accumulating from parts of Sudan and Ethiopia.
Parts of Kenya, Ethiopia, and Somalia receive heavy rainfall as flooding continues in Senegal
Senegal has experienced significant flooding over the past two weeks. Belowaverage rainfall is forecast next week and is likely to reduce the risk for continued flooding.
Flooding continues in central Nigeria. Heavy rainfall is expected next week.
Heavy rainfall is expected in parts of Sudan next week, maintaining a high risk for flooding.
PMI IS DELIVERING ON ITS MISSION
Les 27 pays cibles en Afrique subsaharienne et la sous-région du Grand Mékong on bénéficié de plus de $5,4+ milliards de ressources pour la prévention, le traitement et la lutte contre le paludisme.
Despite remarkable progress in recent years, malaria remains a leading cause of sickness and death across much of sub-Saharan Africa. Malaria disproportionately impacts the rural poor, typically people who must walk for miles to seek treatment. It is also a leading cause of absenteeism among employees, increased health care spending, decreased productivity, and approximately 50 percent of all preventable school absences in Africa. Malaria helps to trap families in a vicious cycle of disease and poverty.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
• Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2016, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.
Launched in 2005 by President George W. Bush and expanded under President Barack Obama, the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) is a historic U.S. Government effort to lead the fight against malaria. Since the beginning of the Obama Administration, with the support of Congress, annual funding levels for PMI doubled.
- Mostly near-average conditions have been observed across West Africa during this past week.
- Heavy rain continues for portions of southern Ethiopia and Somalia, raising flooding concerns in East Africa.
1) Poorly distributed rainfall has resulted in drought, which has severely impacted ground conditions and already led to livestock death across parts of north-central and eastern Ethiopia.
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
The AU Heads of State and Government adopted the Abuja Declarations and Plans of Action in 2000 and 2001, committing themselves to intensifying the fight against HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other infectious diseases (ORID). At their Abuja Special Summit of May 2006, they reaffirmed these pledges and committed themselves to scaling up action towards universal access to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria services BY 2010. As was requested, the AU Commission, in collaboration with WHO and UNAIDS, prepared the 2-year Progress Report on the status of implementation in 2008.
Meeting of the Committee of Experts of the 2nd Joint Annual Meetings of the AU Conference of Ministers of Economy and Finance and ECA Conference of Ministers of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Instead of the usual depiction of conflicts as countrywide and defined by national boundaries, this map displays distinct conflict-affected areas in Africa as sub-national and transnational pockets of insecurity, violence, and armed aggression. Areas of conflict were drawn around locations of reported conflict incidents in 2007 and 2008, as well as concentrations of internally displaced persons and cross-border rebel bases and refugee camps in neighboring countries.