Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- World Vision: Number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- WHO: WHO supports Angola’s Government efforts to end polio outbreak. 2 Dec 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- ECHO: Angola - Severe weather (Government of Angola, Floodlist, INAMET, NOAA-CPC, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 06 December 2019). 6 Dec 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
This week 's report covers the following sectors/countries:
Sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan (2) Georgia (3) Kyrghizstan (4) Libyan Arab Jamahiriya (5) Pakistan (6) Russian Federation (Caucasus) (7) Uzbekistan
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo (3) Congo, DR (4) Ethiopia (5) …